This is the first announcement of the first-ever Synergy in STEM: Bringing Mathematics, Physics and Engineering Together. Conference will be held October 30, 2009, on the campus of New York City College of Technology.
The aim of this conference is to promote an exchange of ideas and experiences among those interested and involved in the transfer of learning in the fields of Mathematics, Physics, Engineering and Computer Science.
This conference will provide a forum for presenting and discussing current research and applications in which the major emphasis is on the transfer of learning in STEM disciplines. Topics include, but not restricted:
• Role of Laboratories in the Undergraduate Education of STEM
• Best Practices for Teaching Online STEM Courses
• The Art and Science of Physics, Mathematics and Engineering Teaching
• Interactive Lecture Demonstrations in STEM
• Instructional Innovations in the STEM Curriculum
• Interdisciplinary Collaborations Supporting STEM Studies
• Best Practices Using Technology to Support STEM Teaching and Learning
PAPERS FOR PRESENTATION
Abstracts of Papers intended for Presentation at the Conference must be written on a single page with the title, Author's name affiliation and complete address. Authors are encouraged to send abstracts by e-mail to Prof. Roman Kezerashvili email@example.com
Proceedings will be published. They will include invited and contributed presentations. The template and typesetting instructions for a camera-ready text is availible on the "Proceedings" page.
Submission of abstract - September 11, 2009
Notification of acceptance - September 17, 2009
Submission of camera-ready text of paper - October 5, 2009