WEB ROLL SIZES are also
expressed in terms of sheet width, since the web press cuts the paper
into sheets at the delivery end. There are five categories of size:
• form webs use rolls that are 8 1/2" wide to print
business forms, sell sheets, and other items with a flat trim size of
81/2 x 11".
• mini-webs use rolls that are 11" wide to print
brochures, newsletters, and other products that trim to 11 x 17".
• half-webs, which have taken a great deal of work away
from sheetfed presses, print on 17" wide rolls to produce eight-page
signatures that trim to 17 x 22".
• three-quarter webs also print eight-page signatures
that trim to 17 x 22", but from rolls of paper that are 22" wide.
• full webs are for printing 16-page signatures that
trim to 23 x 35" from rolls that are 35" wide.
INTERNATIONAL (ISO ) SIZES
give the metric measurements for paper as it is used outside North
America. Sizes A4 through A1 are roughly equivalent to North America's
standard sheet sizes: