• "Perpetual on-sale date" vs. "synchronized content"
• e-mail newsletters and alerts to print subscribers
• Measuring Web traffic vs. auditing print distribution
• Web site for news that breaks too late for the
magazine's production cycle
• Print for longer features and analytical pieces that
would be tiresome to read on a monitor
• "Buzz, community, and brand"
• Web site navigation: easy, or do visitors overlook
• More forgiving standard for Web pages ("Under
construction" and "broken" graphics wouldnt be seen in print)
• Gather visitor information for marketing and
advertising purposes (voluntarily, with forms; involuntarily, with
• Similarity of "voice" and "tone" in both print and Web