• Advertiser links to downloadable products: data,
software, MP3, etc.
• solicitation of reader input through:
results of polls and surveys
quizzes; "question of the day"
• Web site as extension of print "brand" or franchise
• Web site as interactive "community of interest"
engendered by the printed magazine
• Web site as "portal" to sources of related information
• Ease of access to magazine Web sites: can be difficult
to get copies of special-interest and B2B magazines, but everyone can
key in a URL
• "Unlimited editorial real estate" on the Web: publish
here what won't fit into the book