(Source: Merit, Don. Production Management in the Graphic Arts.
Copyright © 1995, Don Merit)
• Are all of the pages there, and in the correct
• Do headers, footers, and folios line up?
• Do borders and rules that cross over pages align
• Are there typographical errors in the headlines or
• Are all elements in correct register?
• Have live image areas been masked over or trimmed out?
• Are photos correctly placed, scaled, and cropped? Have
any been flopped?
• Is the trim size correct? Is the folding correct?
• Is each element in the right color? Is the color vivid
• Have critical color areas been accurately matched?
• Are there blemishes, spots, or broken letters?
• Have all corrections from the previous proof been
made, and made correctly?